Hey guys. I’m changing a few things up at DotQ in anticipation of larger changes in the not-so-distant future (I’m talking August or September). The first thing I did was change the link structure. Notice how if you click on this post, its date and name are in the URL now, instead of just “archive” and the post ID? Yeah. This will serve a greater purpose soon.
In the meantime, a lot of links are broken. If you find any such broken links (be they within the main site, or to the forums—the forum link structure changed a couple months ago and I think I have yet to fix any of the links that were on the main site) please report them to me in the comments of this post, and I’ll fix them.
Once I’m done with this small structural upheaval, I’ll be retheming DotQ so that its layout better scales to large quantities of content without becoming cluttered. It’ll be hard, but it’ll be worth it.
When I’m done with that, it’ll finally be time to theme the forums.
EDIT: I checked out the Wiki, Writings page, Projects page, and Other page. Links in these pages should all be working. If anything’s broken (which I’m sure it is) it’s a link inside a normal post on the main site (a post like this) or instead a forum thread. It’s too much trouble to hunt them all down… but if anyone runs into one on accident, please, let me know! Broken links are a pain. (Also, link-checkers don’t work because all links on DotQ are redirects.)