ignore me
Archives | Subscribe | Contact | Current Page: Dreams of the Quill Forums • View topic - Verga Dissonance v0.1 | Top
HomeWritingsArtMiscAboutForumsWiki

Verga Dissonance v0.1

Discussion of custom scenarios, map editing strategies, etc.

v0.1.5

Unread postby Flak on Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:00 pm

Unread postby Flak » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:00 pm

I haven't made many changes (in fact, only terrain touch-ups and bug fixes) but Surreal did a huge amount of awesome to the Inn and Mall. Several (all?) of the bugs Alar mentioned above are fixed, and the whole thing is generally better now. Oh, and I cleared up the items at the start location.

Grab it here. Oh, and, as always, all that's new is covered in the changelog.

Surreal- the ball's still in my court if you don't mind. There's not much for you to do right now, and I have a lot of stuff planned to be implemented in the next fourish days. I'm only releasing this 0.1.5 so that the current release is less bug-ridden and more pretty.

Expect 0.1.6 in the next few days... and if it's not released, that just means it'll be all the more kickass when I do unleash my new features. :D
Flak wrote:annual rice tax!
Flak
Site Admin
Level 29 Rhetoric Mage

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 8473
Do You Know Flak IRL: Yes

Unread postby Alar on Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:42 am

Unread postby Alar » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:42 am

First error I found right off the bat. You forgot to change the name of the file to version .1.5, so it's still .1.4.

And how come I know that the little orphan boy is going to be raised wearing girls' clothing and that his new caretaker is a pervert?
Alar
Site Admin
Level 19 Shiraishi Minoru

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 4349

Unread postby Flak on Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:20 am

Unread postby Flak » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:20 am

... that's not much of an error. I don't change it every version, there's no real point.

And you're wrong.
Flak
Site Admin
Level 29 Rhetoric Mage

Unread postby Flak on Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:59 am

Unread postby Flak » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:59 am

Well, it took much longer than expected, as I didn't work on the map for approximately three and a half weeks. Apologies, guys. Been rather busy. Now, at home for a day, sick, I took the time to polish up v0.1.6. Enjoy.

With the equipment system functioning and the terrain looking better than ever, what else could I do but create a new area for Surreal to bulldoze? The sewers are here, and four new quests to boot. These are "intended" for the Underworld, but thanks to my non-linear quest triggering and realistic NPC interaction ideas, you can actually complete the quests (not all of them, but as they're a series, it's pretty much the same...) with either Shinobi or Akatsuchi. This is a Good Thing, because the result of this quest series will be required for a non-path-specific quest later on.

You actually can't complete any of the new quests with Shinobi yet. You need to be able to enter town, which you can now do with the Underworld. Enjoy, and beta testers please play thoroughly and report any bugs you find.

Grab it here.

Oh! With this release, I'm reviving the Warcraft 3 interface from "dash underscore dash", the test site I had up at flak.dotq.org for a month or two. As the bulk of "dash underscore dash" is now at michaelpruess.com, the War3 interface now connects to that. Note that while you can access michaelpruess.com from the War3 interface, you can't access the War3 stuff from michaelpruess.com. This is a matter of professionalism.

http://flak.dotq.org/t_war3

The War3 interface has both of the maps that I still have (I lost three or so when I lost my HD, including a completed 2-player Hero Defense and my ridiculously awesome trigger-test Airships map) for download. It provides some basic info, such as version number and name. The Verga Dissonance section has links to previous versions of the map in case you wish to fall back to an old version or check differences. It also has a link to the changelog.

So yeah. Check out the War3 interface. It's cool. I might do more with it. Might not. Not sure.

Oh and no promises on v0.1.7, but if Surreal wants to get cracking on the most recent version, we'll have changes soon enough.

... what else was I going to say. Oh yeah. Surreal, I gotta talk to you on MSN sometime today.
Flak
Site Admin
Level 29 Rhetoric Mage

Unread postby Flak on Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:49 am

Unread postby Flak » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:49 am

I had very little part in this release- it was mainly Surreal picking up after my mess and then taking a new bucket of paint to the walls. In other words, this version is beautiful. Not much more to do, but there's a new goody in the Sewers. Enjoy!

Verga Dissonance @ Flak's War3 Interface

You can find downloads, the quest list, and the changelog at the above linked location. Oh, and for those of the picky persuasion (Alar, I'm looking at you), the version number is still 0.1.6 somewhere, I believe. I didn't change it to 0.1.7. It's not a bug! >_<
Flak
Site Admin
Level 29 Rhetoric Mage

Unread postby Alar on Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:54 pm

Unread postby Alar » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:54 pm

Time to start the list! Yay!

I noticed this right off the bat. Surreal? Your terrain? AWESOME. I thought it might be a bit busy at first, but after a while I realized it wasn't, and that it gave the world so much more life.

1) The last part of Old Man Grolio's speech is STILL too short. A few more seconds, if you please.

Will update later. I'm getting tired.
Alar
Site Admin

Unread postby Surreal on Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:22 pm

Unread postby Surreal » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:22 pm

Thanks. Good to know you like it.
Surreal
Level 8 Noob

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 488

Unread postby Flak on Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:36 am

Unread postby Flak » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:36 am

1) The last part of Old Man Grolio's speech is STILL too short. A few more seconds, if you please.

I'm not sure I can make it longer- I've tried extending it by a lot and it doesn't seem to last the designated time. I'm going to try splitting it up into two parts.

Surreal? Your terrain? AWESOME.

Dude, he's the best. I keep telling him this. I'm really lucky to have such an awesome mapper working with me.
Last edited by Flak on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flak
Site Admin
Level 29 Rhetoric Mage

Unread postby Alar on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:13 pm

Unread postby Alar » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:13 pm

What's goin' on?! ARE YOU STILL WORKING ON THIS OR NOT?! AAHHHH!!!!

Also, I've got a question to Surreal! If I send you a map, would you be willing to a little bit of re-terraining to it? I'm afraid I suck, and I want a bit of improvement to it. Nothing special. If you could spend half an hour working on it, I'd be appreciative.
Alar
Site Admin

Unread postby Flak on Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:21 pm

Unread postby Flak » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:21 pm

I dunno. I haven't abandoned the project or anything, I just haven't done much to note since the last release. I might get something done over vacation, but no guarantees. I'm putting HC and KJ before everything else.

Also I don't know if Surreal reads this thread. You might want to ping him on MSN.
Flak
Site Admin
Level 29 Rhetoric Mage

Unread postby Surreal on Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:36 pm

Unread postby Surreal » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:36 pm

Aluur Valuer wrote:Also, I've got a question to Surreal! If I send you a map, would you be willing to a little bit of re-terraining to it? I'm afraid I suck, and I want a bit of improvement to it. Nothing special. If you could spend half an hour working on it, I'd be appreciative.

I suppose so, yes. Send me it over MSN or in an e-mail.
Surreal
Level 8 Noob

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 488

Unread postby Flak on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:02 pm

Unread postby Flak » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:02 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've resumed work on this. It may be in part because a friend of my brother's sympathetically nodded and said "yeah, people always abandon ambitious mapping projects" or it may be that I was inspired by his compliments on the map in its current state. Or I may just be in a Warcraft-y mood.

So uh... yeah.

No new version at the moment, but I hope to have something before I start my internship in a week.
Flak
Site Admin
Level 29 Rhetoric Mage

Unread postby Alar on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:16 pm

Unread postby Alar » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:16 pm

Neat. Sounds like a plan.

Also, Surreal, did you ever get a chance to look at that map?
Alar
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Warcraft 3 Mapmaking