ignore me
Archives | Subscribe | Contact | Current Page: Dreams of the Quill Forums • View topic - hey | Top
HomeWritingsArtMiscAboutForumsWiki

hey

Facing problems in the real world? Seek advice here. From homework help, to therapy.

hey

Unread postby TheNewHorde on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:55 am

Unread postby TheNewHorde » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:55 am

Couldn't think of a better title.

I have a tendency to be over dramatic. yet I wish I was over dramatic again but unfortunately I am not. I haven't had the heart to post lately, not sure how to say it. But the army have a way of crossing out outspoken ones and hush them up as accidents, as many have in the "reeducation" program before me. Those who stepped on the toes of officers and people in power have been put into these programs.

I have repeatedly done so and disrespect the authority with utmost passion, and now it's my turn. I had a false trial where the sentence was decided before it started and all those who knew me and would vouch for me were forced to sign the attendance sheet saying they attended and voted when they actually was kicked out of the hearing and never had a vote. Only those directly under the command of the officer that wanted my punishment were left in the room and had to follow him.

I didn't break down or felt sad at all, because I spent the last week comforting the other soldiers and officers who cried for me. It was hard to cry for myself when I see those who cared about me more than myself. But I know now that my days are up and I should bid you all a good farewell. There were good and bad memories here, but in the end they were all worthwhile cause I met you. They are fond memories looking back.

I am not sure what else to say. But I ask that you remember me as an American. I may not have lived worthily as one, but I want to step on their flag one last time and be remembered as a proud citizen of the great nation I had the privilege to be born in.

As a random added note of how things turned out this way. With my past history of disobedience in the army, I was out drunk once and said I wanted to kill those Taiwanese. They used leading questions in my trial and I had no one to speak for me, but only yes or no. And with a train of questions such as whether children are Taiwanese too, he made me out into a killer and compared me to the most deadly serial killer in recent Asian history. He forced me to say that I saluted the US flag back in US all the time even though I said I don't remember ever doing so. He still recorded as I did and that I chose to disrespect the Taiwanese only.
TheNewHorde
Veteran
Level 21 DotQ acolyte

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 5211
Do You Know Flak IRL: No

Re: hey

Unread postby Alar on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:05 pm

Unread postby Alar » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:05 pm

So... am I the only one concerned that TNH might be in jail right now, or worse due to bogus charges, or is there just no one checking the forums anymore?
Alar
Site Admin
Level 19 Shiraishi Minoru

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 4401
Do You Know Flak IRL: Yes

Unread postby TheNewHorde on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:39 am

Unread postby TheNewHorde » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:39 am

I'm currently under the school's temporary protection right now. Complicated, I will explain when I am out of this mess. I'll check back from time to time to update.
TheNewHorde
Veteran
Level 21 DotQ acolyte

Unread postby Saurus on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Unread postby Saurus » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Oooooh boy. Wow. I mean... wow. I'm honestly and sincerely hoping you're making this out to be more dramatic than it actually is, because all that sounds very scary. I mean, I see you're still allowed to post on the web and stuff, so it can't be all that totalitarian, right?
Saurus
Level 8 Lurker

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 527

Unread postby TheNewHorde on Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:09 am

Unread postby TheNewHorde » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:09 am

thanks for your concerns, alar and saurus. i needed somewhere to dump the stress. but here is the current update.

the paperwork to sent me away was supposed to arrive this week. the school took pre-emptive actions and rescheduled all my vacation days to be this week to miss it followed by the Chinese New Year where all government institution are on break.

so right now I am at home for 2 and a half weeks while the paperwork is caught somewhere in the middle and the school can legally use the excuse that I was not at work to receive it so my "reeducation" doesn't begin. Unless the government sends it directly to my home address then the school's strategy is null.

The doctor on the other hand has written me off as Bipolar Disorder II so that hopefully when the time comes, legally I couldn't be taken away, but you never know anymore with this system. At least I for one don't believe in anything anymore.

Suffice to say, I am safe until Feb 24th, then it's judgement day. However things will turn out, I do not know. But the doctor has made it clear that they will do whatever possible within their legal limits to help me.

I do hope this actually sounds more dramatic than it actually is, cause I rather be an extravagant liar than a locked member of the re-education program of a system that was still part of China only 70 years ago.
Honestly, they claimed to be a republic of China, but it's still the same group of people that runs it, except now it's the sons and grandsons instead of the fathers. Still the same party, still the same ideal and system, except it all sounds better internationally when they proclaims to be a republic. The worst part is that the population actually buys into every word. Year and a half here and I will never understand how an entire population is brainwashed utterly, the people genuinely believes these things to be the cultural norms and that America is the bully that takes all the wealth of the world.

I have enough of this system. If I live through this, I am leaving Taiwan. I don't have anywhere to go in US right now, but I am getting the hell back there, even if I have to roam and hitchhike all around Philly, it'll still be better than here. At least I can always try to find a job in McDonalds or somewhere or rent an apartment. it doesn't even have to be PA anymore, I can go anywhere now. I just need to get back. As long as I can get back to the States somehow, I'll have a chance to live and do something. I just need to get there.
TheNewHorde
Veteran
Level 21 DotQ acolyte

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:01 am

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:01 am

We in NYC constantly joke about what a dump Philadelphia is but it honestly sounds a hundred times better than stupid fake China island.
If it's something that can be stopped, just try and stop it!
KingCrazyGenius
Veteran
Level 29 Urban Barbarian

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 8325

Unread postby Flak on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:47 pm

Unread postby Flak » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:47 pm

TheNewHorde wrote:I have enough of this system. If I live through this, I am leaving Taiwan. I don't have anywhere to go in US right now, but I am getting the hell back there, even if I have to roam and hitchhike all around Philly, it'll still be better than here. At least I can always try to find a job in McDonalds or somewhere or rent an apartment. it doesn't even have to be PA anymore, I can go anywhere now. I just need to get back. As long as I can get back to the States somehow, I'll have a chance to live and do something. I just need to get there.

Still not sure why you went to Taiwan. But I might just be forgetting. Either way, my best wishes are with you. Come back home safe.
Flak wrote:annual rice tax!
Flak
Site Admin
Level 29 Rhetoric Mage

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 8561

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:53 am

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:53 am

As I recall he was under some obligation to serve in the military or be considered breaking the law. Which doesn't mean he had to go, but if he didn't he would never be able to go to Taiwan again. And I guess he has family there or something?

As far as family goes I am thoroughly American, in that I don't really care enough about what they think to sacrifice my independence to stay in their good graces.
KingCrazyGenius
Veteran
Level 29 Urban Barbarian

Unread postby TheNewHorde on Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:51 am

Unread postby TheNewHorde » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:51 am

it's moments like these that i'm surprised how well KCG understands me.
TheNewHorde
Veteran
Level 21 DotQ acolyte

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:49 pm

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:49 pm

I just pay attention is all. Flak still kinda baffles me, though.
KingCrazyGenius
Veteran
Level 29 Urban Barbarian

Unread postby TheNewHorde on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:30 am

Unread postby TheNewHorde » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:30 am

i'm not sure what to do to be perfectly honest. part of me knows the insanity plea won't get me far.
TheNewHorde
Veteran
Level 21 DotQ acolyte

Unread postby TheNewHorde on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:40 am

Unread postby TheNewHorde » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:40 am

Did I mention there were soldiers tortured and killed there? The most recent one was last year, got on the media using an excuse that he was playing on his smartphone during work hours. His friends and family claimed that he had abuse evidence and money laundering within the military, he was going to post it on the net which resulted torture to death. They found some low ranking dude to take the blame and quickly sentenced him and wrapped up the business. i am going there as an United states born American, I keep telling myself everything will be fine. But I think deep down inside, I already know it's too late, they're going to make a show of power putting an American down, showing the authority and all the other meaningless shit that these government plans to show. there's nothing I can do now, I am not going to make it. Chinese New Year is ending in a week, I'm on an island and there's no where I can run to.

Should I take my chances and withdraw all my cash and run and officially be known as a wanted criminal? Or do I go into this reeducation thing knowing I won't make it if the insanity plea doesn't go through?
TheNewHorde
Veteran
Level 21 DotQ acolyte

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:47 am

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:47 am

Yeah, becoming a criminal and trying to run away while you're on a freaking island is not a good idea. Then again, neither was walking around naked. Really you picked the worst possible time and place to totally lose it. Beyond that I don't really have any advice beyond try to avoid getting imprisoned and get out of there as soon as you can and never go back.

I don't know how Taiwan defines insanity, but here legal insanity means not being in control of your own actions. Being depressed or histrionic or a psychopath doesn't cut it.
KingCrazyGenius
Veteran
Level 29 Urban Barbarian

Unread postby Karamazov on Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Unread postby Karamazov » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Definitely contact this place if you haven't already (it's the closest thing there is to a US embassy in Taiwan):

The American Institute in Taipei, Taiwan

3rd Floor, Consular Section
#7, Lane 134, Hsin Yi Road, Section 3
Taipei, 106 Taiwan

Telephone: +(886) 2-2162-2000 or (02)2162-2000, ext. 2306

Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(886) 2-2162-2000. Press "0" or "*".

Fax: +(886) 2-2162-2239
amcit-ait-t@state.gov

The U.S. maintains unofficial relations with the people on Taiwan through the American Institute in Taiwan (AIT), a private nonprofit corporation, which performs U.S. citizen and consular services similar to those at embassies.
Consulates

The American Institute in Kaohsiung, Taiwan
5F, No. 88, Chenggong 2nd Road, Qianzhen Dist.
Kaohsiung, 80661 Taiwan

Telephone: +(886) 7-335-5006

Emergency After-Hours Telephone: Please contact the American Institute in Taipei, Taiwan.

Fax: +(886) 7-338-0551
amcit-ait-t@state.gov
Karamazov
Veteran
Level 11 Poll Cloud Creator Atlas

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 1311

Unread postby TheNewHorde on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:52 pm

Unread postby TheNewHorde » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:52 pm

That is the most helpful advice so far. I will do so if my insanity plea doesn't work out.
TheNewHorde
Veteran
Level 21 DotQ acolyte

Unread postby Karamazov on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:39 pm

Unread postby Karamazov » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:39 pm

I would contact them right away. Give them the most time possible to work it out.
Karamazov
Veteran

Unread postby TheNewHorde on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Unread postby TheNewHorde » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:37 pm

legally, by having Chinese blood and an automatic citizenship (willing or not ), I have to live under Chinese laws while within the borders of China. the embassy can't do anything for me, especially against the army, because I am considered their citizen.

However, the school began paperwork for resignation by mental sickness. I should know whether it goes through in two weeks. At the moment, before anything is confirmed, I am protected by law that a mental patient can't receive certain forms of punishment, and this case happens to fall under the category.
TheNewHorde
Veteran
Level 21 DotQ acolyte

Unread postby Karamazov on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:47 am

Unread postby Karamazov » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:47 am

It's not easy to find good English-language sources, but it sounds like it's not possible to give up your Taiwanese citizenship until you've completed military service. Good luck with the school thing.
Karamazov
Veteran

Unread postby Alar on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:34 am

Unread postby Alar » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:34 am

Good luck, TNH. I hope this works out for you. If it does, do you have any plans on what to do next? Where to go and such?
Alar
Site Admin
Level 19 Shiraishi Minoru

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 4401

Unread postby Flak on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:28 pm

Unread postby Flak » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:28 pm

Any updates TNH? I hope you're okay :(
Flak
Site Admin
Level 29 Rhetoric Mage

Unread postby TheNewHorde on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:12 am

Unread postby TheNewHorde » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:12 am

Not sure what to say. Just waiting and see what happens. Not keeping my hopes up, trying to ride with the waves for now. Though passive and flat has never been my forte. More like, it's the antithesis of my character.
TheNewHorde
Veteran
Level 21 DotQ acolyte

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:09 am

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:09 am

Really? You kind of come off as a bit of a wimp. Maybe that's just the Internet for ya.
KingCrazyGenius
Veteran
Level 29 Urban Barbarian

Unread postby Flak on Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:30 am

Unread postby Flak » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:30 am

Are you kidding KCG? He's always been an up-and-down excitable kind of guy.
Flak
Site Admin
Level 29 Rhetoric Mage

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius on Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:48 am

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:48 am

He's excitable, but he's not active. He's reactive, letting things happen to him instead of making things happen.
KingCrazyGenius
Veteran
Level 29 Urban Barbarian

Unread postby Flak on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:04 am

Unread postby Flak » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:04 am

True.
Flak
Site Admin