ignore me
Archives | Subscribe | Contact | Current Page: Dreams of the Quill Forums • View topic - Diablo III | Top
HomeWritingsArtMiscAboutForumsWiki

Diablo III

Discussion of games: video, computer, or otherwise. Subforums for specific games if they get enough threads.
Forum rules
This forum is for DISCUSSING GAMES (like Skyrim or Portal or Pathfinder). Games you play by posting nonsense are in the Arcade. Play-by-post forum roleplaying games are in the Woodlands.

Re: Diablo III

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:57 am

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:57 am

So far I am loving the Crusader. They play and feel sufficiently different from other classes, and are super fun in their own right. Personality wise they are very confident and have a kind of bemused attitude towards most of the NPCs, as well as a "seen it all" air to them. They are kind of like the wizards in that they are less serious than most, but they are less youthful.

Very much looking forward to seeing how they interact with the followers, particulary Kormac (since he's also a holy warrior). Gonna go ahead and play through all four acts with the Crusader and then hit Act V.
If it's something that can be stopped, just try and stop it!
KingCrazyGenius
Veteran
Level 29 Urban Barbarian

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 8325
Do You Know Flak IRL: Yes

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius on Tue May 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius » Tue May 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Anthonox the Barbarian is now at level 70 (paragon 14). It's pretty cool.
KingCrazyGenius
Veteran
Level 29 Urban Barbarian

Unread postby Alar on Mon May 19, 2014 9:44 am

Unread postby Alar » Mon May 19, 2014 9:44 am

THE NEW EXPANSION IS THE BOMB. THAT IS ALL.
Alar
Site Admin
Level 19 Shiraishi Minoru

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 4401

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius on Mon May 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius » Mon May 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Oh yes. Yes it is.

I think I have decided that Barbarian is still my favorite class, even if the Crusader might presently be more powerful. My only wish is that there were some kind of alternate skin mode or something, so you could play as a different person of the same class. Like there could be a younger barbarian male, or a Jewish witch doctor.
KingCrazyGenius
Veteran
Level 29 Urban Barbarian

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:14 pm

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:14 pm

It's funny, my interest in this game only seems sustainable for short bursts after a significant update.

I dunno, I'm a lot less interested in gaming nowadays. I've actually been looking up potential options for selling/donating my stupidly large gaming computer and getting a nice and sufficient laptop that I can play Warcraft III on if I feel like gaming sometimes.

Remember when Warcraft III was pretty top of the line? You had to have a good computer to run it on the high settings.

OH! Speaking of WC3, I found and downloaded the old Warcraft: Orcs and Humans guide book. It was interesting to see how much of the backstory that eventually showed up in novels and such showed up so early; basically the whole plot to The Last Guardian was right there all along.
KingCrazyGenius
Veteran
Level 29 Urban Barbarian

Unread postby Saurus on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:25 pm

Unread postby Saurus » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:25 pm

I was always of the impression the lore of Warcraft was in a perpetual state of heavy retro-engineering. Its been too long for me to point out any details, but to my recolection the earliest story of warcraft was pretty straightforward and uncomplicated.

While we're on the topic of lore, I was pretty pissed by the Starcraft 2 twist of the noble zerg. I was pretty pissed about the entire Starcraft 2 plotline, actualy. So much so that I haven't bothered with Heart of the Swarm. Does anyone know if it's any good and if I should give it a chance?
Saurus
Level 8 Lurker

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 527
Do You Know Flak IRL: No

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:37 pm

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:37 pm

Well, if you don't like noble Zerg...

As for Warcraft, sure, none of it is probably true now. But once upon a time it was pretty cohesive and wonderful. Warcraft was really my first exposure to a fantasy world so it'll have a place in my brain forever. Even if I lack the dedication to invest in WOW.
KingCrazyGenius
Veteran
Level 29 Urban Barbarian

Unread postby Saurus on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:53 pm

Unread postby Saurus » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:53 pm

Oh, but I absolutely adore my memories of warcraft 1. This was in a time my dad still played computer games, and this was the first and only game I ever played against him. Lore-wise I was too young to care much about what was hapening or why it was happening. I was far too busy building little villages and ensuring my people lived happy lives, far away from the horrible orcs. Unless I played Orcs, in wich case I was far too busy building 4 warlocks, spawning 4 demons and have them end the game.
Saurus
Level 8 Lurker

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 527
Do You Know Flak IRL: No

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:11 am

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:11 am

I think one thing that really cemented Warcraft for me was the soundtrack. Especially this song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3nGEh_ ... FA3A90DC82

And yeah, the four demon attack was a favorite of mine as well. I preferred orcs even though I'm pretty sure humans were the superior force overall, what with healing and the generally longer range of their units.
KingCrazyGenius
Veteran
Level 29 Urban Barbarian

Unread postby Karamazov on Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:02 pm

Unread postby Karamazov » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:02 pm

Even Warcraft III had a lot of lore-revision. The booklet for Warcraft II had passages with Gul'dan describing orc society as 'the strongest survive, it has always been thus' and generally painting a grim picture. In Warcraft III it turns out the demons had corrupted the poor little orcs, who were now a "proud warrior" race just out to protect their community. Good thing those evil undead were around so you could have good villains again! Oh, but in World of Warcraft you can be the kind of undead that allies with the Horde... sigh. :P

(I don't remember any lore from Warcraft I except "EVIl ORCS INVADE GOOD HUMAN WORLD" intro video, so I think there wasn't much for Warcraft II to overwrite!)
Karamazov
Veteran
Level 11 Poll Cloud Creator Atlas

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 1311

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:39 am

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:39 am

Much like Diablo, all the good stuff was in the PDF guide book.
KingCrazyGenius
Veteran
Level 29 Urban Barbarian

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:03 am

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:03 am

New patch out! Greater rifts! More powerful attacks for pretty much everybody! Dexterity adds to armor now instead of dodge chance, making monks and demon hunters more consistent in their toughness.

I was playing with my barbarian and managed to get one of the portals to Greed's domain. SO MUCH GOLD. Then when I killed her I got 3 great legendary items, one of which was one of the new legendary gems, which grants a fairly high percent change of a slain enemy exploding with a shower of gold. I'll never go hungry again. Kadala says some new things too, which is nice. Haven't found a greater rift key thing yet, but hopefully soon.
KingCrazyGenius
Veteran
Level 29 Urban Barbarian

Previous

Return to Gaming (The Shack)