ignore me
Archives | Subscribe | Contact | Current Page: Dreams of the Quill Forums • View topic - Update again | Top
HomeWritingsArtMiscAboutForumsWiki

Update again

The grab-bag section. General discussion of anything goes here. Keep it nice.

Update again

Unread postby TheNewHorde on Thu May 08, 2014 10:16 am

Unread postby TheNewHorde » Thu May 08, 2014 10:16 am

I have been visiting dotq very regularly, but have yet to find a conversation that I could join in at. Felt that there was a widening gap.

I have been ashamed of my life and unable to post here. I didn't have to the courage to say what has happened, and I still don't. I ran away, fled from a job, left the country, lost my purpose and stopped drawing completely half a year ago. After all this time, I am starting to understand defeat and that I simply isn't the great person that I thought I was and that dreams or life will work out somehow. Faced with deaths of those around me, I realized my own mortality and I deteriorated, both morally and socially. I've lost all connection to the outside world, and I have no outlet or friends left in life.

To end this miserable spiral of failures and isolation. In the end, I enlisted in the army. I heard the Taiwanese military is a horrifying waste of life with no return value, but it's the last straw I had for human interactions, to be part of someone's life. I've lost my purpose, even my one and only truly meaningful hobby in the past, and I can't seem to draw anything or even have the desire to when I hold a pen.

Let us hope, when they call me in and as I enter the barracks, I will find some redemption to my pathetic and worthless life.
Last edited by TheNewHorde on Fri May 09, 2014 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheNewHorde
Veteran
Level 21 DotQ acolyte

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 5211
Do You Know Flak IRL: No

Re: Update again

Unread postby Flak on Thu May 08, 2014 5:05 pm

Unread postby Flak » Thu May 08, 2014 5:05 pm

I have been visiting dotq very regularly, but have yet to find a conversation that I could join in at. Felt that there was a widening gap.

I think there just hasn't been much activity... :)
Flak wrote:annual rice tax!
Flak
Site Admin
Level 29 Rhetoric Mage

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 8561
Do You Know Flak IRL: Yes

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius on Fri May 09, 2014 9:26 am

Unread postby KingCrazyGenius » Fri May 09, 2014 9:26 am

Well, the army might not be fun, but having a bunch of structure to your life may be good for you. Good luck taking back the mainland from those Communist usurpers.
If it's something that can be stopped, just try and stop it!
KingCrazyGenius
Veteran
Level 29 Urban Barbarian

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 8325

Unread postby Alar on Thu May 15, 2014 7:33 pm

Unread postby Alar » Thu May 15, 2014 7:33 pm

Sup bitches? :D
Alar
Site Admin
Level 19 Shiraishi Minoru

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 4401

Unread postby Flak on Thu May 15, 2014 10:22 pm

Unread postby Flak » Thu May 15, 2014 10:22 pm

Uh, hi!
Flak wrote:annual rice tax!
Flak
Site Admin
Level 29 Rhetoric Mage

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 8561

Unread postby Saurus on Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:54 pm

Unread postby Saurus » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:54 pm

Okay, so, I'm absurdly late in saying this, but you might very well have made the right decision here. Like KCG said, the structure the army provides might really assist you in getting things back on track. With a bit of luck you might just find whatever it is you need to regain some footing in your live.
Saurus
Level 8 Lurker

Pieces of Forum-Pie: 527
Do You Know Flak IRL: No

Return to Off Topic Forum